This course is designed to help companies meet their legal requirements and reduce the risk of accidents when carrying out commonplace but dangerous reversing manoeuvres.
The Banksman can be responsible for:
- Guiding large vehicles reversing into parking areas;
- The operation of a lorry or crane using a system of hand signals or a radio link from the point near where loads are attached and detached.
- Loading and unloading of lorries and directing the movement of other plant
- On completion of the course, you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for vehicle Banksman duties.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to persons carrying out vehicle Banksman duties. At the end of the course, successful candidates should be able to guide a large goods vehicle safely and efficiently into a designated area using hand and arm signals.
- Introduction to the course
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
- The Workplace Safety Policy
- Employers/Employees Duties
- Safety – the responsibilities of the vehicle/banksman
- Theory Test
- Using arm/hand signals to direct vehicle drivers safely
- Practical Test of Competence which involves the following:
Course Duration: One Day
As a result of successful completion of the training & tests candidates will receive certification.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 3 per instructor
- Completed to in-house standards
- Course structure available on request
If you are based in Wales or Cheshire and looking for a vehicle banksman safety awareness course, contact us for more information.