GHR Training Services provide professional and quality forklift training courses throughout Wales and Cheshire areas.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of counterbalance forklift and reach trucks, to candidates with less than 6 months or no previous operating experience on rider type lift trucks. At the end of the course, successful trainees should be able to operate the machine both safely and efficiently.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- LOLER 1998
- PUWER 1998
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Re-fuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity Plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific Hazards & Controls.
- Short DVD
- Knowledge Examination
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-use Inspection
- Simple maneuvering
- Advanced Maneuvering
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling Laden & Unladen Pallets
- Driving On/Off Ramps
- Battery care and Maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and Unloading/Practical Examination
Course Duration: 3-5 days dependent on the number of candidates per course and competency of candidates.
As a result of successful completion of the training, tests delegates will receive full certification.
Maximum Number of Trainees: 3 per instructor.
If you are local to Chester or Wales and would like to discover more, get in touch today to discuss your requirements.
- RTITB, NPORS or In-house
- Forklift Trucks Diesel, LPG & Electric
- Multi-Directional Lift Truck
- Pedestrian (low & high level)
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler
- Very Narrow Aisle Lift Truck (man-up or man down)
- Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck
- Bulk Mover